MTJ roundabout design courses teach participants how roundabouts assist in meeting the challenging, and often competing, needs within our built environment.
Our courses provide the design professional with the necessary knowledge, skills, and information to be able to adequately understand the design requirements and implications of roundabout applications.
Mark Johnson has extensive experience providing training in roundabout design and implementation. When designing roundabouts, challenges include balancing overall operations and safety with business circulation and access needs, adjacent land-use, livability, and pedestrian safety objectives.
1. Understand the benefits of roundabouts in the overall roadway/traffic planning process
3. Understand the correlation between operational analysis and geometric design
4. Determine how to avoid the mistakes of poorly planned, designed and/or constructed roundabouts
1, 2 or 3-day Workshops
We can customize training to suit your team’s needs. 1-day, 2-day, and 3-day training workshops are available.
Training workshop topics include:
• Roadway planning benefits of roundabouts
• Pedestrian/bike design treatments
• Access management with roundabouts
• Geometric design – capacity, safety, operations
• Signing, pavement markings, landscaping
• Public involvement – informed consent
• Case studies – best practices
Recent Roundabout Design Training Instruction by Mark Johnson:
- Co-Instructor with FHWA in Every Day Counts 2 program: trained Florida DOT and Arkansas DOT in roundabout design and implementation
- Roundabout Design Training Instructor for C-TEP and EPIC Education in Toronto, ON, Edmonton, AB, Calgary, AB, and Ottawa, ON
- Roundabout Design Course Instructor, University of Wisconsin Civil and Environmental Engineering – Professional Development
- Multiple roundabout design and implementation training webinars for ITE and TRB
Public Outreach Presentation Courses Available
Mark Johnson has 20 years of experience communicating technical information about roundabouts in an easily understood manner that has proven effective for successful project implementation. Let MTJ train your team to prepare informative, effective presentations that address public concerns regarding implementing roundabouts.