Waldon & Clintonville Rds.
Independence Township, MI
MTJ Roundabout Engineering was retained to evaluate the feasibility of a roundabout at this highly constrained intersection.
Three alternatives were developed to evaluate optimal size/shape and fit with acceptable impacts.
Alternative concepts addressed these key issues:
- Minimize/avoid undesirable ROW impacts to surrounding properties
- Ensure compatibility with existing and/or proposed roadway cross sections, including ped and bike design features such as cycle track style buffered bike lane
- Accommodate necessary design vehicles:
- Large trucks/freight
- Transit and school buses
- Emergency response/fire trucks
- Minimized undesirable ROW impacts to surrounding properties
- Compatible with existing roadway cross sections, including ped/bike design features
- Accommodated large trucks, transit/school buses, emergency response vehicles
- Non-circular compact style roundabout