W. Quincy Ave. & S. Simms St.
Jefferson County, CO
MTJ Roundabout Engineering was retained by Jefferson County to provide design mitigations to improve driver comprehension and reduce the number of crashes at the Quincy/Simms roundabout near Denver.
The MTJ design modification recommendations were predicated on:
- Improving driver comprehension to mitigate driver errors
- Matching capacity to demand to reduce conflict points
- Simplifying drivers’ decision-making
- Adhering to roundabout geometric safety principles
- Best practices for roundabout signing and marking
- Improved driver guidance
- Reduced conflict points
- Improved operations
- Improved safety design
- Simplified driver decision-making
MTJ also conducted a review of the nearby Simms/Nassau roundabout, and developed concept-level recommendations to ensure: lane continuity between the roundabouts and the US-285 interchange ramp, simplified driver decision-making, and improved safety performance.