USH 8 and 208th Street Roundabout
St. Croix Falls, WI
MTJ Roundabout Engineering provided expert roundabout consulting to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (as a sub to a prime) that included design and review for the Intersection Control Evaluation and the 30%/60%/90% design and review for the roundabout for the reconstruction of the USH 8 and 208th Street intersection near St. Croix Falls in Polk County.
This work effort included assistance with Public Outreach and presentations. MTJ was also responsible for the capacity analysis and final horizontal geometric design, which included review of feasibility of signals vs. roundabout at this high-speed location.
MTJ’s experience over the entire range of roadway, traffic flow, and transportation contexts and issues proved extremely valuable to WisDOT for delivery of this intersection safety and operational improvement project.
MTJ provided traffic and roundabout design and consulting services for this project to address:
- Seasonal and directional traffic patterns
- Interim and ultimate design configuration
- Tourism-based traffic mix
- High-speed approaches
- Retail traffic
- USH 8 is an oversize/overweight (OS/OW) route, thus requiring provisions for these larger truck movements.
- Review and oversight for the Intersection Control Evaluation (ICE)
- Safety and operational improvement project
- Community gateway
- Four-lane, high-speed divided highway
- Accommodates OSOW freight movements