Pershing Blvd. / Converse Ave. / 19th St.
The City of Cheyenne retained MTJ to provide an in-service design review and provide recommendations aimed at improving driver comprehension and reducing the number of vehicular crashes occurring at this roundabout.
REVIEW PROCESS FRAMEWORK
The MTJ in-service design review focused on three key areas:
- Driver messaging and information processing
- Speed environment – to effect driver behavior and influence a slower speeds
- Rodel operational analysis to identify potential conflict point reductions
MTJ provided a range of recommendations from lower cost, signs and markings, to relatively higher cost implementations to include slight geometric modifications.
The MTJ crash mitigation recommendations build upon one another in a comprehensive manner.
- Improved information processing with signing and pavement marking changes
- Design modifications to facilitate slower speeds at entries
- Recommended lineage modifications to reduce conflict points
DRONE VIDEO: TRAFFIC ANALYSIS
MTJ provided traffic analysis through drone video footage to enable assessment of existing issues: