N. Pima & E. Stagecoach Pass Rds.
As part of our on-call contract with the City of Scottsdale, MTJ Roundabout Engineering was tasked with development of a concept roundabout design at this high-speed rural intersection. The concept design is in support of feasibility determination and programming purposes.
The resulting concept horizontal geometric design was predicated on application of traffic/highway engineering and modern roundabout design principles and criteria working together to optimize safety for this high-speed rural application.
Key Project Outcomes:
- Address driver expectancy for high speed context
- Minimize adverse impacts
- Accommodate large trucks/freight
- Transit and school buses
- 135′ single-lane design
- Provisions for residential access near intersection
- ROW constraints
- Minimized adverse impacts
- Large trucks/freight accommodations
- Addressed driver expectancy for high-speed context