Main St. & Market St.
New Albany, OH
MTJ Roundabout Engineering designed this 126’ ICD compact roundabout in New Albany, OH. Geometric elements were designed to achieve capacity objectives, while maintaining essential design elements that promote safety for all modes (vehicular, pedestrian, and cyclists). Key to that safety is keeping speeds low.
The MTJ recommended design provided:
- A more compact, slower/safer, pedestrian-friendly urban roundabout
- Landscaping features that assisted way-finding by guiding pedestrians to the correct crossing locations, precluding unsafe crossings.
- New Urbanism redevelopment
- Pedestrian safety emphasis
- Gateway to downtown
- Maximized on-street parking