Lovers Ln. & Fort Steuben Mall Dr.
MTJ Roundabout Engineering provided a peer review of capacity analysis and design alternatives for this challenging compact intersection near residential driveways.
- Geometric elements were designed to achieve accessibility objectives, while maintaining essential design elements that promote safety for all modes (vehicular, pedestrian, and cyclists).
- The outside diameter of the roundabout is 104’ (ICD)
- Speed control designed for a single-lane to achieve a theoretical fast path speed of less than 25 mph for thru movements
- The WB -67 design template is utilized for large truck accommodations
- Truck aprons (blisters) were included for RT, and LT movement to/from Mall Drive
- Compact single lane
- Multimodal safety priority
- Highly constrained
- OSOW accommodations
- Road Diet