Laney Walker Blvd. / Druid Park Ave.
MTJ was retained as the consultant team’s technical area expert for the roundabout analysis, design optimization, and development of the public outreach program for the City of Augusta.
The MTJ design optimization and public involvement assistance/consensus-building process was instrumental in the success of these projects moving forward to final design and implementation planned for 2014.
This existing signalized intersection located adjacent to Paine College was experiencing congestion and lacked pedestrian facilities. Due to the proximity of this intersection to the Paine College campus, it was critical to coordinate improvement alternatives with the College, where one of the public meetings was held. After the public outreach presentation, the college administration embraced the roundabout improvement concept.
- Constrained urban settings
- Pedestrian safety, circulation and transit stop locations
- Minimize impacts / historic structures
- Maximize business access, on-street parking, and circulation
- Public outreach and consensus building