Hamilton Rd. & Parc Dr.
MTJ was retained to provide operational analysis, horizontal design, and signing and marking recommendations for
this roundabout project in Gahanna, Ohio, located next to Northeast School.
MTJ’s Review/Design Optimization Process includes:
- Traffic Planning, Operational Analysis, Context Evaluation
- Alternative Concept Development
- Preliminary & Final Horizontal Design
This design optimization process resulted in a context-appropriate design that minimized impacts and maximized benefits while adhering to roadway and roundabout-specific safety design principles
This resulted in a context-appropriate 2 x 1 roundabout design that minimized adverse impacts and maximized community benefits while adhering to roadway and roundabout-specific safety design principles.
Geometric elements were designed to achieve accessibility objectives, while maintaining essential design elements that promote safety for all modes.
- Accommodates pedestrian safety for nearby school and shared-use path
- Bus/transit vehicle accommodations
- Maintained residential access
- 130′ x 150′ ICD