Fremont Blvd. / SR 1 / California Ave. / Monterey Rd.
Monterey County, CA
This TAMC/Caltrans-led project provided roundabout solutions for the interchange at Fremont Blvd., SR 1, California Ave. and Monterey Rd. that serves Monterey County, CA.
MTJ provided roundabout design optimization/peer review support that included:
- Rodel operational analysis
- Highly developed concept designs
- Documentation of designs and modifications
- Application of appropriate traffic and roadway design principles (system considerations)
MTJ’s design optimization/peer review approach ensured:
- Adherence to roadway and roundabout design principles
- State-of-the-practice roundabout design techniques
- Safety: Ensure safety for all modes – peds, bicycles, vehicles
- Application of FHWA Performance Checks (NCHRP 672)
MTJ also applied best practices to conform to NCHRP Report 834, Crossing Solutions at Roundabouts and Channelized Turn Lanes and PROWAG, Public Rights-of-Way Accessibility Guidelines.
- 2-roundabout design for new interchange
- Highly constrained urban context
- Rodel operational analysis for proper laneage
- State-of-the-art roundabout design principles
- Accommodation of large trucks/freight