CSE San Francisco Chapter Awards — WON the 2020 Outstanding Roadway Highway Project “Project of the Year”
California Blvd and 1st/2nd Streets Roundabout
MTJ Roundabout Engineering provided roundabout capacity analysis, horizontal design optimization, signing and pavement marking recommendations, and visualizations for this project, as a member of the consulting team led by Omni-Means.
MTJ’s Review/Design Optimization Process includes:
- Traffic Planning, Operational Analysis, Context Evaluation
- Alternative Concept Development
- Preliminary & Final Horizontal Design
- This design optimization process resulted in a context-appropriate series of 3 roundabout designs that minimized impacts and maximized benefits while adhering to roadway and roundabout-specific safety design principles.
- This unique application includes differing lane assignments necessary for each entry and addresses system-wide lane continuity.
- Safety and accessibility objectives were achieved via geometrics that promote slow vehicular speeds and safety for all modes.
- The designs provided a unique, innovative solution that accommodated multi-modal objectives to achieve Complete Streets goals.
- Pedestrian and bicycle connectivity safety
- Gateway to historic downtown Napa
- Business access and circulation
- ICDs: 144′ x 120′, 147′, 120′