14 Mile Rd. & Orchard Lake Rd.
West Bloomfield Township, MI“When it comes to roundabouts, MTJ is our choice for technical expertise. They provide great service due to their ability to quickly grasp the “problem” and strong communication skills. They listen well and then formulate alternative solutions for our consideration.”
-Tom Blust, P.E.
Director of Engineering
Road Commission for Oakland County, MI
The Road Commission for Oakland County recognized the need to make changes to the intersection of 14 Mile Road and Orchard Lake Road, located in West Bloomfield Township, MI, to improve traffic flow and safety without inhibiting business access needs.
MTJ Roundabout Engineering provided this innovative, high capacity, 3-lane entry roundabout design, including ADA pedestrian facilitation analysis and recommendations for this project.
- ADA pedestrian facilitation
- Urban constrained context
- High-capacity, 3-4 lane roundabout
- Provisions for expandability
- Closely spaced signals nearby
- Signing and wayfinding alternatives/development
- Business access/circulation design